Media Relations Specialist
The Department of Anthropology is seeking a Media Relations Specialist who will be in charge of maintaining the webpage and social media outlets, writing news stories, creating flyers and promotional materials, and leading our efforts to increase the visibility (and understanding) of Anthropology to both potential students and other members of the High Country. This part-time position is for up to 10 hours per week. Anticipated start date is October 16.
Minimum qualifications include
- Full time enrollment at Appalachian State University
- 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrated experience with graphic design, professional writing (blog, social media, print, etc.), print publications, and digital media
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with web design (preference given to those with Drupal experience)
How to apply
Please submit the following in one single PDF file to Dr. Timothy J. Smith at email@example.com:
1) Cover letter
3) Contact information for three references
4) Examples of both web based works and printed material (that highlights experience with both graphic design and writing)
Deadline to apply is Friday, October 6.