Anthropology Scholarships and Awards
The Department offers two tuition and fees scholarships to undergraduate students pursuing a degree in anthropology. The Dr. L. Jill Loucks Memorial Scholarships are awarded each year to anthropology majors based on their academic achievement. Both financial need and scholastic achievement are considered when choosing the recipient of the Stephen Richard Weller Memorial Scholarship.
To learn more about our scholarships and current recipients:
- Dr. L. Jill Loucks Memorial Scholarship in Anthropology
- Stephen Richard Weller Memorial Scholarship for Anthropology
Small summer stipends are available through the Dr. L. Jill Loucks Memorial Scholarship Fund:
In addition, faculty select an outstanding graduating senior or seniors to receive the Dr. L. Jill Loucks Memorial Outstanding Senior in Anthropology Award.
The Department also recognizes a student with the Dr. Susan E. Keefe Practicing Anthropology Award, who has contributed in a significant way to solving problems using anthropological theories and methods.
Consider scholarships offered by the college. Visit the college website to see the qualifications for each scholarship offered. For more questions, contact the Dean's office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 262-3078.
- Sally A. Callegari Memorial Scholarship for Gender Diversity in Animal Studies
- Drs. Joanne Smith and Don R. Brannon Scholarship for Natural Sciences
- Richard A. Thomas Memorial Scholarship for Arts and Sciences
- Jonathan K. Perryman Memorial Scholarship for the Sciences
- GlaxoSmithKline Women in Science Scholarships
- The Peggy Harmon Shore Pre-Health Care Professional Endowed Scholarship
Faculty and Staff Awards
Each year, the College of Arts and Sciences recognizes several members of the faculty and staff for outstanding service, teaching, or scholarly work. Help support the Department of Anthropology by nominating a faculty or staff member in recognition of their positive contribution to the College and University! Nominations are normally due in August. Read more here on how to nominate a faculty or staff member of the Department.